Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Scope and Contents This collection consists of information on Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs) of World War II.
Dates: circa 1941-1996
Abstract Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Dates: 1926- circa 2005
Abstract Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Abstract The collection contains materials pertaining to the Vietnam War. These materials include medals, photographs, photocopies of books, reports, correspondence, and oversized maps.
Dates: 1868; circa early 1900s; 1940; 1948; 1956; 1979; 1983 – 1989; 1993 – 2002; Undated; Majority of material found within 1962-1971
Abstract This collection has immense research value. In its coverage of Paul B. Johnson's terms as lieutenant governor and governor of Mississippi, it documents one of the most critical periods in the state's history -- the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. The State Sovereignty Commission records, along with the Highway Patrol records paint a graphic portrait of efforts to thwart civil rights activities in the state, and to preserve the separation of the races. Additionally, it documents (through...
Dates: circa 1910-1973
Abstract Material on Germany during Third Reich, donated in memory of Armin D. Lehmann.
Dates: early 1900s-1960s
Abstract Business records of a Hattiesburg, Mississippi department store.
Scope and Contents This collection contains materials generated and/or collected by Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal, Inc. (PC-CAND). This collection should be of interest to those researching any aspect of nuclear waste disposal.
Dates: circa 1969-1987
Scope and Contents Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Dates: 1646-to date
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
Dates: circa 1996-2003
Abstract The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Dates: 1900s; 1940s–1950s; Majority of material found within 1960s–2010s; Undated
Abstract Notebooks kept by Mr. M. James Stevens, "Mr. History" of the Mississippi Gulf Coast and the first northern-born (New Jersey) president of the Mississippi Historical Society. He was the first recipient of the Society's Dunbar Rowland Award for his efforts to preserve history. The notebooks contain typed transcriptions of newspaper accounts and other source information that Mr. Stevens gathered on many subjects of Gulf Coast and Mississippi history. Also included in the collection are maps and...
Dates: circa 1550-1987
- Letter. 11
- Newsletters. 9
- Photographs. 9
- Brochures. 8
- Fliers (Ephemera). 7
- Memorabilia. 7
- Programs (Publications). 7
- Financial documents. 5
- Government publications. 5
- Manuscript. 5
- Political campaigns. 5
- Albums (Books). 4
- Books. 4
- Calendar. 4
- Legal forms. 4
- Mississippi. 4 ∧ less
- German 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Cochran, Thad, Senator, 1937- 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- John A. McLeod Department Store (Hattiesburg, Miss.). (1899-1932) 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Lehmann,, Armin D. (Armin Dieter), 1928-2008 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Lott, Trent, Senator, 1941- 1 ∧ less