Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Harold Branton 103d Infantry Division Collection
Scope and Contents
Materials from the 103d Infantry Division during WWII, reunion materials and Harold Branton's book, 103rd Infantry Division: "the trail of the cactus".
Dates: 1919; circa 1940s-2000s
Charles F. Heartman Papers
Scope and Contents This collection consists of approximately 24 cubic feet of materials that document the life and career of Charles F. Heartman from about 1893 until his death in 1953. His wife, Martha, continued to run the bookselling business after her husband's death, and some materials in the collection relate to that time period. This collection should be of interest to researchers of antiquarian books, rare Americana, or the rare book and manuscript business. In addition it provides insight...
Dates: circa 1893-1990; Majority of material found within circa 1913-1963
Paul B. Johnson Family Papers
Abstract This collection has immense research value. In its coverage of Paul B. Johnson's terms as lieutenant governor and governor of Mississippi, it documents one of the most critical periods in the state's history -- the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. The State Sovereignty Commission records, along with the Highway Patrol records paint a graphic portrait of efforts to thwart civil rights activities in the state, and to preserve the separation of the races. Additionally, it documents (through...
Dates: circa 1910-1973
Charles A. Marx Papers
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
Maude Leet Prenshaw Papers
Scope and Contents The Maude Leet Prenshaw Papers consist primarily of manuscript and typescript versions of Prenshaw's poems and other writings, copies of "The Mississippi Poetry Journal" (1957-1973) and related materials, and works sent to Prenshaw by other writers. Smaller amounts of her published works, biographical information, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and photographs are also a part of the collection. Included is one of her early poems published in 1926, however, most materials date from the...
Thomas Daniel Young Papers
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 5
- Records (Documents). 4
- Awards. 3
- Books. 3
- Clubs. 3
- Essay. 3
- Financial documents. 3
- Legal case and case notes. 3
- Legal forms. 3
- Manuscript. 3
- Memorabilia. 3
- Newsletters. 3
- Broadsides. 2
- Brochures. 2
- Business records. 2
- Calendar. 2 + ∧ less
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Branton, Harold M., Lt. Colonel (Harold Matthew) (1921-2012) 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Heartman, Charles F. (Charles Frederick), 1883-1953 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Lanier, Sidney, 1842-1881 1
- Lytle, Andrew Nelson, 1902-1995 1
- Marx, Charles Alvin, Dr., 1932- 1
- Paul B. Johnson Family 1
- Ransom, John Crowe, 1888-1974 1
- Tate, Allen, 1899-1979 1
- Young, Thomas Daniel, 1919-1997 1 + ∧ less