Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Dates: 1926- circa 2005
Form of Material
Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
Dates: 1926-1956, 1976, 2006-2014 and undated
Abstract This collection has immense research value. In its coverage of Paul B. Johnson's terms as lieutenant governor and governor of Mississippi, it documents one of the most critical periods in the state's history -- the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. The State Sovereignty Commission records, along with the Highway Patrol records paint a graphic portrait of efforts to thwart civil rights activities in the state, and to preserve the separation of the races. Additionally, it documents (through...
Dates: circa 1910-1973
Scope and Contents
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Dates: 1646-to date
- Brochures. 3
- Fliers (Ephemera). 3
- Map. 3
- Menus. 3
- Recipes. 3
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Paul B. Johnson Family 1
- Riley, James A. 1
- Southern Railroad Company (1894–1990) 1
- Wallace, George C., Governor of Alabama (George Corley), 1919-1998 1 ∧ less