Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Scope and Contents This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of information on Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs) of World War II.
Dates: circa 1941-1996
Abstract Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Dates: 1926- circa 2005
Abstract Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
Dates: circa 1950-2001
Scope and Contents This collection is a compilation of various materials relating to the Civil Rights Movement in the South.
Dates: circa 1956-2014
Abstract Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Abstract Bulletins, Sunday School planners, brochures, flyers of this Hattiesburg, Mississippi church.
Abstract This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Abstract This collection has immense research value. In its coverage of Paul B. Johnson's terms as lieutenant governor and governor of Mississippi, it documents one of the most critical periods in the state's history -- the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. The State Sovereignty Commission records, along with the Highway Patrol records paint a graphic portrait of efforts to thwart civil rights activities in the state, and to preserve the separation of the races. Additionally, it documents (through...
Dates: circa 1910-1973
Scope and Contents This collection contains materials generated and/or collected by Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal, Inc. (PC-CAND). This collection should be of interest to those researching any aspect of nuclear waste disposal.
Dates: circa 1969-1987
Parliamentarians' Records - Theta Unit, Mississippi Division of the National Association of Parliamentarians
Abstract Organizational records.
Abstract Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Dates: circa 1939-2011
- Letter. 13
- Records (Documents). 13
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 12
- Brochures. 10
- Photographs. 9
- Memorabilia. 7
- Posters. 6
- Speech. 6
- Books. 5
- Essay. 5
- Map. 5
- Albums (Books). 4
- Awards. 4
- Civil rights. 4
- Diplomas. 4
- Fliers (Ephemera). 4
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 4 ∧ less
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Cochran, Thad, Senator, 1937- 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1 ∧ less