Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Abstract Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Dates: 1926- circa 2005
Abstract Posters, route cards and book, annual, magazine, program of several circuses that performed in Mississippi.
Scope and Contents This collection is a compilation of various materials relating to the Civil Rights Movement in the South.
Dates: circa 1956-2014
Abstract Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Abstract The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Form of Material Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
Dates: 1926-1956, 1976, 2006-2014 and undated
Abstract This collection has immense research value. In its coverage of Paul B. Johnson's terms as lieutenant governor and governor of Mississippi, it documents one of the most critical periods in the state's history -- the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. The State Sovereignty Commission records, along with the Highway Patrol records paint a graphic portrait of efforts to thwart civil rights activities in the state, and to preserve the separation of the races. Additionally, it documents (through...
Dates: circa 1910-1973
Abstract This collection contains political campaign materials related to Mississippi and National political campaigns.
Dates: circa 1900-2020
Scope and Contents Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Dates: 1646-to date
Abstract Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Dates: circa 1939-2011
- Posters. 10
- Letter. 9
- Photographs. 9
- Brochures. 8
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 8
- Memorabilia. 8
- Records (Documents). 8
- Newsletters. 6
- Postcards. 6
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 5
- Political campaigns. 5
- Essay. 4
- Financial documents. 4
- Fliers (Ephemera). 4
- Greeting cards. 4
- Manuscript. 4
- Map. 4
- Speech. 4 ∧ less
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Democratic National Committee (U.S.). 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D., 34th President of the United States (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1 ∧ less