Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
In 1971, William Brannon donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of magazines, manuscripts, and correspondence related to the writer’s career as both a staff and freelance writer whose work appeared in many publications.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
Business records of a Hattiesburg, Mississippi department store.
Genealogy research materials.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
The Stephen C. Rose papers include a broad range of materials spanning a significant portion of Mr. Rose’s life. His relations with Will D. Campbell and his participation in the SCLC’s Student Interracial Ministry project should be of interest to researchers of civil rights activities in the southern United States. The collection is divided into three series, two of which contain several subseries.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
The Stovall Family Association records and research material.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 14
- Letter. 14
- Photographs. 12
- Memorabilia. 9
- Books. 8
- Legal forms. 8
- Brochures. 7
- Newsletters. 7
- Programs (Publications). 7
- Calendar. 6
- Certificates. 6
- Government publications. 6
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 6
- Invitation cards. 6
- Manuscript. 6
- Political campaigns. 6
- Postcards. 6 ∧ less
- Hattiesburg High School. 3
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- American Tung Oil Association 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, Don 1
- Brannon, W. T. (William Tibbetts), 1906-1981 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1
- Gonzales,, John Edmond, Dr., 1924-2004 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1 ∧ less