Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Abstract Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Dates: circa 1938-2000
Abstract The Frank D. Barber Papers consist of campaign materials from Barber’s bid for the Mississippi State Senate in 1959, six issues of Southern Exposure from 1952-1953, and materials relating to the conferring university status on Mississippi Southern College in 1962. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying Mississippi politicians and the history of the University of Southern Mississippi.
Dates: 1952-1953; ; 1959; circa 1962
Abstract Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Dates: 1926- circa 2005
Abstract Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Abstract The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
Abstract Bulletins, Sunday School planners, brochures, flyers of this Hattiesburg, Mississippi church.
Form of Material Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
Dates: 1926-1956, 1976, 2006-2014 and undated
Abstract Business records of a Hattiesburg, Mississippi department store.
Abstract The Neil R. McMillen Collection consists of correspondence and research relating to Dark Journey: Black Mississippians in the Age of Jim Crow (1989), as well as documents pertaining to the Shelby Thames administration at the University of Southern Mississippi. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying Mississippi in the Jim Crow era, racialized political groups like the American Nazi Party in the twentieth century, and the University of...
Dates: 1935; 1963, 1970, 1977-1999, 2003-2004, undated
Scope and Contents This collection contains materials generated and/or collected by Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal, Inc. (PC-CAND). This collection should be of interest to those researching any aspect of nuclear waste disposal.
Dates: circa 1969-1987
Scope and Contents Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Dates: 1646-to date
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
Dates: circa 1996-2003
Abstract The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Dates: 1900s; 1940s–1950s; Majority of material found within 1960s–2010s; Undated
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 12
- Letter. 10
- Brochures. 9
- Programs (Publications). 9
- Memorabilia. 8
- Photographs. 8
- Map. 7
- Political campaigns. 7
- Albums (Books). 6
- Government publications. 6
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 6
- Newsletters. 6
- Newspapers. 6
- Financial documents. 5
- Manuscript. 5
- Posters. 5
- Calendar. 4 ∧ less
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- American Nazi Party. ANP (1959-) 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Barber, Frank David Barber, Senator, 1929-1997 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Cochran, Thad, Senator, 1937- 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Gregory and Bea Favre 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- John A. McLeod Department Store (Hattiesburg, Miss.). (1899-1932) 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Lott, Trent, Senator, 1941- 1
- McMillen, Neil R., Dr., 1939- 1 ∧ less