Showing Collections: 1 - 22 of 22
Abstract Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Dates: circa 1938-2000
Scope and Contents This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of information on Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs) of World War II.
Dates: circa 1941-1996
Abstract Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Dates: 1926- circa 2005
Abstract Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
Dates: circa 1950-2001
Abstract Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Abstract The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
Abstract Bulletins, Sunday School planners, brochures, flyers of this Hattiesburg, Mississippi church.
Abstract The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Abstract This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Form of Material Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
Dates: 1926-1956, 1976, 2006-2014 and undated
Abstract This collection has immense research value. In its coverage of Paul B. Johnson's terms as lieutenant governor and governor of Mississippi, it documents one of the most critical periods in the state's history -- the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. The State Sovereignty Commission records, along with the Highway Patrol records paint a graphic portrait of efforts to thwart civil rights activities in the state, and to preserve the separation of the races. Additionally, it documents (through...
Dates: circa 1910-1973
Abstract Business records of a Hattiesburg, Mississippi department store.
Form of Material Administrative and historical records of the Mississippi Library Association (MLA).
Form of Material Various materials from Walter P. Nilsson’s service time and the operations of the U.S.S. Biloxi in 1943-1944.
Dates: circa 1943-1991
Scope and Contents This collection contains materials generated and/or collected by Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal, Inc. (PC-CAND). This collection should be of interest to those researching any aspect of nuclear waste disposal.
Dates: circa 1969-1987
Abstract This collection contains materials related to Powell Ogletree.
Parliamentarians' Records - Theta Unit, Mississippi Division of the National Association of Parliamentarians
Abstract Organizational records.
Scope and Contents Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Dates: 1646-to date
Abstract Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Dates: circa 1939-2011
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 19
- Letter. 18
- Photographs. 17
- Brochures. 13
- Newsletters. 13
- Memorabilia. 11
- Albums (Books). 10
- Speech. 10
- Fliers (Ephemera). 9
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 9
- Awards. 8
- Posters. 8
- Books. 7
- Certificates. 7
- Essay. 7
- Financial documents. 7
- Greeting cards. 7 ∧ less
- Hattiesburg High School. 3
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Cochran, Thad, Senator, 1937- 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1 ∧ less