Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
The David C. Berry, Jr. Papers include the correspondence, drafted writings, and publications of USM professor and poet David C. Berry. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers focusing on the writing process or studying university professorships and family life in the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries. Topics in Berry’s poetry include the Vietnam War, marriage, divorce, and religion.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
This collection contains records, notes, photographs, and publications.
In 1989, Peggy Prenshaw donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of papers related to her scholarship on Mississippi authors Eudora Welty and Elizabeth Spencer while a professor at USM. Also included are publications about women and women’s studies in academia.
Dr. William K. Scarborough is the author of several publications. These include The Overseer: Plantation Management in the Old South, The Diary of Edmund Ruffin, Masters of the Big House: Elite Slaveholders of the Mid-Nineteenth Century South, and The Allston’s of Chicora Wood: Wealth, Honor, and Gentility in the South Carolina Low Country.
Documentation of the life and career of USM professor of biological sciences.
Publications and professional papers reflecting the 23-year career of USM professor of political science.
The collection contains information and pictures regarding World War II and the Vietnam War. Items range from photocopies of books and articles to interviews of Vietnam soldiers to material regarding Vietnam battles such as Hamburger Hill.
- Records (Documents). 12
- Photographs. 10
- Letter. 9
- Newsletters. 6
- Speech. 6
- Books. 5
- Essay. 5
- Manuscript. 5
- Awards. 4
- Certificates. 4
- Résumés (Employment). 4
- Teachers. 4
- University of Southern Mississippi. 4
- Albums (Books). 3
- Brochures. 3
- Clubs. 3
- Diaries. 3 + ∧ less
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 2
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 2
- American Nazi Party. ANP (1959-) 1
- Berry, D. C., Jr. (David Chapman), 1942- 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1
- Gonzales,, John Edmond, Dr., 1924-2004 1
- H. Weston Lumber Co. (Logtown, Miss.) 1
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 1
- L.N. Dantzler Lumber Co. (Moss Point, Miss.) (1888-1966) 1
- Lanier, Sidney, 1842-1881 1
- Lytle, Andrew Nelson, 1902-1995 1
- Marx, Charles Alvin, Dr., 1932- 1
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 1
- McCarty, Kenneth Graham, 1935-2019 1
- McLemore, Richard Aubrey, Dr., 1903-1976 1 + ∧ less