Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Abstract The Neil R. McMillen Collection consists of correspondence and research relating to Dark Journey: Black Mississippians in the Age of Jim Crow (1989), as well as documents pertaining to the Shelby Thames administration at the University of Southern Mississippi. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying Mississippi in the Jim Crow era, racialized political groups like the American Nazi Party in the twentieth century, and the University of...
Dates: 1935; 1963, 1970, 1977-1999, 2003-2004, undated
Form of Materials Genealogy research materials.
Dates: circa 1931-2020
Abstract Dr. William K. Scarborough is the author of several publications. These include The Overseer: Plantation Management in the Old South, The Diary of Edmund Ruffin, Masters of the Big House: Elite Slaveholders of the Mid-Nineteenth Century South, and The Allston’s of Chicora Wood: Wealth, Honor, and Gentility in the South Carolina Low Country.
Abstract Research for his book, A History of the Mississippi Supreme Court, 1817-1948.
- Letter. 5
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 4
- Mississippi -- History. 4
- University of Southern Mississippi. 3
- Brochures. 2
- Certificates. 2
- Clubs. 2
- Financial documents. 2
- History. 2
- Manuscript. 2
- Memorabilia. 2
- Mississippi -- History -- 19th century. 2
- Newsletters. 2
- Photographs. 2
- Speech. 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- University of Southern Mississippi -- History. 2 ∧ less
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 2
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 2
- American Nazi Party. ANP (1959-) 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1
- Gonzales,, John Edmond, Dr., 1924-2004 1
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 1
- McLemore, Richard Aubrey, Dr., 1903-1976 1
- McMillen, Neil R., Dr., 1939- 1
- Mississippi. Department of Archives and History. MDAH 1
- Ogletree, Powell G. 1
- Puckett, Jonathan Gabriel Marvin 1
- Scarborough, William K., Dr. (William Kauffman), 1933-2020 1
- Skates, John Ray, 1934- 1 ∧ less