Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Contents This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Abstract The collection contains information concerning the personal and professional life of Virginia Isabelle Felder. Items range from her personal life and teaching career to she and her family’s involvement in the Methodist church to genealogical records.
Dates: 1922-1986; Undated
Abstract Dr. William K. Scarborough is the author of several publications. These include The Overseer: Plantation Management in the Old South, The Diary of Edmund Ruffin, Masters of the Big House: Elite Slaveholders of the Mid-Nineteenth Century South, and The Allston’s of Chicora Wood: Wealth, Honor, and Gentility in the South Carolina Low Country.
Scope and Contents Papers, correspondence, journal articles, certificates, awards, master's thesis, doctorial dissertations, etc. from Distinguished Professor of Polymer Science at the University of Southern Mississippi. Dr. Seymour is the inventor of high-imact polystyrene, engineering polymers, polymer concrete and disposable baby diapers.These materials provide an overview of Dr. Seymour's career as a research chemist and polymer researcher in both private industry and academia for fifty years. ...
Dates: circa 1935-1985
Abstract Documentation of the life and career of USM professor of biological sciences.
Dates: circa 1948-1977
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 6
- Letter. 5
- Newsletters. 5
- Records (Documents). 5
- Photographs. 4
- Awards. 3
- Certificates. 3
- Programs (Publications). 3
- Albums (Books). 2
- Brochures. 2
- Diplomas. 2
- Education, Higher -- History -- 20th century. 2
- Education, Higher -- Mississippi. 2
- Essay. 2
- Greeting cards. 2
- Memorabilia. 2
- Methodist Church. 2 ∧ less
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Lanier, Sidney, 1842-1881 1
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 1
- Lytle, Andrew Nelson, 1902-1995 1
- Ransom, John Crowe, 1888-1974 1
- Scarborough, William K., Dr. (William Kauffman), 1933-2020 1
- Seymour, Raymond B., Dr. (Raymond Benedict), 1912-1991 1
- Tate, Allen, 1899-1979 1
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 1
- Young, Thomas Daniel, 1919-1997 1 ∧ less