Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
The Frank D. Barber Papers consist of campaign materials from Barber’s bid for the Mississippi State Senate in 1959, six issues of Southern Exposure from 1952-1953, and materials relating to the conferring university status on Mississippi Southern College in 1962. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying Mississippi politicians and the history of the University of Southern Mississippi.
Family photographs and materials documenting the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
This collection contains records, notes, photographs, and publications.
This collection contains materials related to Powell Ogletree.
This collection contains historical materials, children’s books, and various magazines.
Genealogy research materials.
Advertising galleys, magazine articles, campaign brochures, DVD and a dust jacket concerning Peter Rogers and Peter Rogers Associates. A graduate of The University of Southern Mississippi, Rogers is an artist who became successful in public relations and advertising, specializing in fashion and cosmetics.
This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
The collection contains memorabilia from Barbara Byrd Smith, class of 1954 Mississippi Southern College, from her 1952-53 school year.
This collection contains materials related to State Teachers College.
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 11
- Photographs. 10
- Records (Documents). 10
- Letter. 9
- Albums (Books). 8
- Memorabilia. 6
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 5
- Newsletters. 5
- Posters. 5
- Speech. 5
- Books. 4
- Brochures. 4
- Political campaigns. 4
- Politicians -- Mississippi. 4
- Programs (Publications). 4
- Awards. 3
- Diplomas. 3
- Financial documents. 3 ∧ less
- Barber, Frank David Barber, Senator, 1929-1997 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Branch, Raylawni G., 1941- 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1
- H. Weston Lumber Co. (Logtown, Miss.) 1
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- L.N. Dantzler Lumber Co. (Moss Point, Miss.) (1888-1966) 1
- Lanier, Sidney, 1842-1881 1
- Lytle, Andrew Nelson, 1902-1995 1
- McCarty, Kenneth Graham, 1935-2019 1
- Ogletree, Powell G. 1
- Phillips, Tom Rhea, III, 1959-2019 1 ∧ less