Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Frank D. Barber Papers
The Frank D. Barber Papers consist of campaign materials from Barber’s bid for the Mississippi State Senate in 1959, six issues of Southern Exposure from 1952-1953, and materials relating to the conferring university status on Mississippi Southern College in 1962. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying Mississippi politicians and the history of the University of Southern Mississippi.
Raylawni Branch Collection
Family photographs and materials documenting the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
Jackie Yelverton Burton Papers
Memorabilia of Demonstration School of Mississippi Southern College,
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Collection
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr. Papers
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Legacy of Dr. Joseph A. Greene, founding Dean of the College of Business and Economic Development
Fannie Kyker Collection
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Patricia Marton Collection
Books and memorabilia related to Gulf Park College for Women.
Kenneth G. McCarty Papers
This collection contains records, notes, photographs, and publications.
Vernon & Bonnie Fleming Merrifield Collection
A collection of photographs, booklets, pamphlets, periodicals, postcards, letters, menus, and scrapbooks that will be in various collections.
Tom Rhea Phillips III Collection
This collection contains historical materials, children’s books, and various magazines.
Raymond Seymour Papers
Elva Smith Collection
This collection contains materials related to State Teachers College.
William Arthur Winstead Papers
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 12
- Photographs. 12
- Letter. 9
- Memorabilia. 8
- Records (Documents). 8
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 8
- University of Southern Mississippi. 6
- Books. 5
- Brochures. 5
- Diplomas. 5
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 5
- Programs (Publications). 5
- Awards. 4
- Greeting cards. 4
- Newsletters. 4
- Political campaigns. 4
- Postcards. 4
- Speech. 4 + ∧ less
- Barber, Frank David Barber, Senator, 1929-1997 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Branch, Raylawni G., 1941- 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1
- H. Weston Lumber Co. (Logtown, Miss.) 1
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Kyker, Fannie LaVelle “Goodie”, 1926-2009 1
- L.N. Dantzler Lumber Co. (Moss Point, Miss.) (1888-1966) 1
- McCarty, Kenneth Graham, 1935-2019 1
- Phillips, Tom Rhea, III, 1959-2019 1
- Seymour, Raymond B., Dr. (Raymond Benedict), 1912-1991 1
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 1
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 1
- Winstead, W. Arthur, Mississippi Congressman, U.S. House of Representatives (William Arthur), 1904-1995 1 + ∧ less