Showing Collections: 1 - 21 of 21
Victoria Gray Adams Papers
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Col. Grover Ashley Papers
Files related to Col. Ashley’s time as Director of Cook Library at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Jeff Balfour Collection
This collection contains photographs, slides, postcards, and memoirs of Mississippi.
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr. Papers
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Dr. John E. Gonzales Papers
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Hattiesburg Historical Collection
Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
Hattiesburg Historical Photographs
Photographs reproduced in Dr. Kenneth G. McCarty's book Hattiesburg: A Pictorial History.
Hattiesburg Lions Club Records
This Collection consists of 2 boxes of historical records on the Hattiesburg Lions Club, dating from its Charter on February 28, 1928 to 1993.
Hattiesburg Track Club Collection
The collection contains various paper materials such as correspondence, copied newspapers, brochures, flyers, and photographs. Non-paper material items includes such things as a plaque, a ribbon, a windbreaker, and a plastic Coke mug.
Edna L. Hollensed Papers
Miscellaneous personal papers of a Hattiesburg resident. Mrs. Edna L. Hollensed was the great granddaughter of John Wesley Hollensed (M34). She lived at 1414 North Main Street and died in the mid-1990s.
Fannie Kyker Collection
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Oseola McCarty Collection
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Tom Rhea Phillips III Collection
This collection contains historical materials, children’s books, and various magazines.
Herbert Randall Freedom Summer Photographs
Photographs taken by creative artist at SNCC orientation session and in Hattiesburg, Mississippi during Freedom Summer, materials documenting USM's commemoration of the 35th anniversary of Freedom Summer on June 5-7, 1999 in conjunction with the opening of the exhibit "Faces of Freedom Summer: The Photographs of Herbert Randall", and materials related to the book Faces of Freedom Summer.
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Rotary Club of Hattiesburg Records
Southern Tourism Collection
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
G.D. Williamson Papers
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 19
- Records (Documents). 18
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 16
- Letter. 15
- Memorabilia. 10
- Periodicals. 10
- Programs (Publications). 10
- Financial documents. 9
- Newsletters. 9
- Postcards. 9
- Albums (Books). 8
- Fliers (Ephemera). 8
- Books. 7
- Calendar. 7
- University of Southern Mississippi. 7
- Essay. 6
- Forrest County (Miss.) 6
- Certificates. 5 + ∧ less
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 3
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Ashley, Grover, Col. 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Balfour, Jeff Edward, 1922-2006 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Dixie Darlings (Dance team). (1954-) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1
- Gonzales,, John Edmond, Dr., 1924-2004 1 + ∧ less