Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Photographs, newspaper clippings, postcards, correspondence relating to history of Camp Shelby, an armed forces training camp located near Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
This collection contains a postcard and photographs of Catherine Crowell and her friends during their service in the Army Nurse Corps and the Women’s Army Corps in the during World War II. Also photographed in this collection are patients who she took care of during her service, and buildings within Camp Shelby.
Items relating to Dent family, also includes surnames Gunn, McLeod, and Pickering. Contains a selection of very early 1900 postcards, mostly of Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Historical materials regarding the city of Hattiesburg and Camp Shelby, Mississippi.
- Letter. 4
- Photographs. 4
- Albums (Books). 3
- Certificates. 3
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 3
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 3
- Memorabilia. 3
- Programs (Publications). 3
- Brochures. 2
- Diplomas. 2
- Financial documents. 2
- Fliers (Ephemera). 2
- Political campaigns. 2
- World War, 1939-1945. 2
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 1
- Awards. 1
- Biloxi (Miss.). 1
- Biographies. 1 + ∧ less
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Dent 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Hester, Catherine Adeline Crowell, First Lieutenant, 1919-2014 1
- Kyker, Fannie LaVelle “Goodie”, 1926-2009 1
- Ron and Elizabeth Howard 1 + ∧ less