Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
This collection consists of information on Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs) of World War II.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Photographs, news clippings, programs, uniforms, and memorabilia related to The Dixie Darlings Alumnae Association.
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Organizational records of district encompassing the southern third of Mississippi and southeastern Louisiana.
- Memorabilia. 7
- Photographs. 7
- Records (Documents). 7
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 6
- Books. 5
- Brochures. 5
- Financial documents. 5
- Map. 4
- Postcards. 4
- Posters. 4
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 3
- Periodicals. 3
- African Americans. 2
- Air Force. 2
- Awards. 2
- Certificates. 2 ∧ less
- Johnson, Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 2
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Dixie Darlings (Dance team). (1954-) 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Glass, Jinny (Virginia Katharine Glass), 1943-1965 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- Paul B. Johnson Family 1
- Rotary District 6840 1 ∧ less