Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 20
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Posters, route cards and book, annual, magazine, program of several circuses that performed in Mississippi.
This collection is a compilation of various materials relating to the Civil Rights Movement in the South.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Photographs, news clippings, programs, uniforms, and memorabilia related to The Dixie Darlings Alumnae Association.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Vicky Garraway was a lifetime resident of Hattiesburg, a graduate of Hattiesburg High School and University of Southern Mississippi. She taught in the Hattiesburg Public School System and was a former flight attendant for Eastern Airlines. She served in the Hattiesburg Medical Auxiliary, a lifetime member of the Junior Auxiliary and volunteer at the Abby Rogers Civitan Camp. She was a member of Trinity Episcopal Church.
This collection is comprised of playbills, photographs, scrapbooks, posters, correspondence, bylaws, budgets, and memorabilia of the Hattiesburg Civic Light Opera. It also includes newspaper clippings and production notes for some HCLO shows. This collection should be of interest to researchers of local theatrical organizations, or those interested in forming such groups.
Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
Photographs, postcards, printed, and other memorabilia collected by Jason Kutack dealing mostly with Hattiesburg and Gulf Coast local history.
This collection contains political campaign materials related to Mississippi and National political campaigns.
Memorabilia from Hattiesburg, the Demonstration School, Mississippi Normal College, State Teachers College, and The University of Mississippi.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Various publications from the St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church located at 3117 West 4th Street in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
- Posters. 19
- Photographs. 15
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 14
- Letter. 14
- Records (Documents). 12
- Memorabilia. 11
- Periodicals. 11
- Newsletters. 10
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 9
- Postcards. 9
- Brochures. 8
- Calendar. 6
- Financial documents. 6
- Fliers (Ephemera). 6
- Speech. 6
- Diplomas. 5
- Map. 5
- Political campaigns. 5
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 5 ∧ less
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Child Development Group of Mississippi. CDGM 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Democratic National Committee (U.S.). 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Dixie Darlings (Dance team). (1954-) 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D., 34th President of the United States (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Garraway, Susan Victoria “Vicky”, 1954-2014 1
- George, J. B., Dr., 3rd President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Jennings Burton), 1893-1971 1
- Glass, Jinny (Virginia Katharine Glass), 1943-1965 1 ∧ less