Showing Collections: 61 - 90 of 108
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
This collection documents the activities and life of Sara Craig McCorkle. It includes photographs, ephemera, audio tapes, and DVDs.
This collection contains documents and photographs.
Business records of a Hattiesburg, Mississippi department store.
Materials generated and/or collected by former Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) staff member, Michael J. "Mike" Miller. Includes materials pertaining to SNCC's activities in Mississippi.
Materials documenting Louella Gill Milner's years as a student at Mississippi Southern College and later the University of Southern Mississippi.
Mississippi Association of Educational Office Professionals (MAEOP): Higher Education Division Records
Administrative and historical records of the Mississippi Library Association (MLA).
Materials pertaining to the proposed Mississippi Superconducting Super Collider project.
Materials in this collection span more than a century of activities relating to Jessie Morrison and her family. Most of the materials have been photocopied, due to water and insect damage.
Playbills, programs and miscellaneous items from cultural performances and sporting events are in this collection. These include performances at USM, Laurel (MS), New Orleans, Mobile, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York and London.
• Golden Acres Garden Club
• Sumrall High School Reunion- April 21, 2001
• “Miss Gardner” publication Winter 2006-2007, Directory 2007
• “110” Anniversary Celebration, First Baptist Church, Columbia, Mississippi
• A Christmas Carol Program
• Photograph: Mapping the dam of C.C. Pond
This collection contains clippings, correspondence, memorabilia, menus, invitations, media, scrapbooks, photographs, speeches and planning materials for The Mystic Krewe of Zeus. The materials primarily date 1924-2020.
Materials related to Newhebron, Mississippi High School Classes of 1954 and 1955.
Various materials from Walter P. Nilsson’s service time and the operations of the U.S.S. Biloxi in 1943-1944.
This collection contains materials generated and/or collected by Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal, Inc. (PC-CAND). This collection should be of interest to those researching any aspect of nuclear waste disposal.
This collection contains materials related to Powell Ogletree.
The majority of the collection centers around Jeremiah Joseph "Jerry" O'Keefe and his political career.
Other materials include: photo album & scrapbook of Mary Cahill O'Keefe; photo album of Teresa Slattery O'Keefe; Jerry O'Keefe Legislative scrapbook; Jerry O'Keefe Political Career scrapbooks (2); Collected newspapers re Biloxi Mayor Hart Chinn and John A. O'Keefe, his successor; various plaques, awards, and proclamations.
Parliamentarians' Records - Theta Unit, Mississippi Division of the National Association of Parliamentarians
This collection contains political campaign materials related to Mississippi and National political campaigns.
The collection includes a “History of Petal” booklet, published March 1976 in honor of the Revolutionary War bicentennial.
Mary Lillian Peters was a music educator who graduated from Mississippi Normal College (now The University of Southern Mississippi) in 1923. The collection contains mementos of her college days including church bulletins, YWCA “helpful Hints”, music recital programs, and Mississippi Normal College historical items. Items date range from 1921-1925.
Memorabilia from Hattiesburg, the Demonstration School, Mississippi Normal College, State Teachers College, and The University of Mississippi.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and information about the Keesler family.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 66
- Photographs. 64
- Letter. 61
- Records (Documents). 56
- Memorabilia. 33
- Newsletters. 32
- Periodicals. 31
- Brochures. 30
- Financial documents. 29
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 29
- Albums (Books). 26
- Speech. 24
- Clubs. 22
- Postcards. 21
- University of Southern Mississippi. 21
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 20
- Fliers (Ephemera). 19
- Posters. 19
- Certificates. 17 ∧ less
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 4
- Hattiesburg High School. 4
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 3
- Student Printz (1927-) 3
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 2
- Johnson, Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 2
- National Association of Parliamentarians. NAP 2
- Rotary District 6840 2
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 2
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- Ashmore, Ann Mulloy 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Bowers, Samuel Holloway, 1924-2006 1
- Burney, Madge, 1886-1953 1 ∧ less