Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
The bulk of the collection contains various items and documents relating to the various activities of the Adams County Board of Police that were generated between 1840-1842 and 1850-1856. Warrants for payment to Constable Peter Laurence, road and bridge maintenance reports, and sundry license applications make up most of the collection, but there are also documents relating to the county alms house and allegiance oaths by Board of Police members.
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
The collection contains one item, a list of persons who had obtained a tavern license for the 1824 term in Amite County.
In 1971, William Brannon donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of magazines, manuscripts, and correspondence related to the writer’s career as both a staff and freelance writer whose work appeared in many publications.
The Lonette Bryant Cliburn Papers consist of early twentieth-century documents, letters, and photographs that pertain to the Henry-Rowell-Waldrup and related families of Jasper County, Mississippi. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying traditional farming in Mississippi, World War I correspondence, women’s roles in the early twentieth century, William Carey University, University of Southern Mississippi, and local Hattiesburg history.
L.N. Dantzler Lumber Company records.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Secretary's record book of Board of Directors minutes.
Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
This collection contains documents and photographs.
Materials in this collection span more than a century of activities relating to Jessie Morrison and her family. Most of the materials have been photocopied, due to water and insect damage.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
The Stephen C. Rose papers include a broad range of materials spanning a significant portion of Mr. Rose’s life. His relations with Will D. Campbell and his participation in the SCLC’s Student Interracial Ministry project should be of interest to researchers of civil rights activities in the southern United States. The collection is divided into three series, two of which contain several subseries.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Includes copy of President Lincoln's amnesty proclamation of December 8, 1863.
- Financial documents. 15
- Letter. 14
- Photographs. 12
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 11
- Legal instruments. 9
- Periodicals. 8
- Programs (Publications). 7
- Certificates. 6
- Invitation cards. 6
- Memorabilia. 6
- Postcards. 6
- Brochures. 5
- Business records. 5
- Calendar. 5
- Fliers (Ephemera). 5
- Government publications. 5
- Manuscript. 5
- Map. 5 ∧ less
- Adams County Board of Police 1
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Brannon, W. T. (William Tibbetts), 1906-1981 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Family of Cora E. Henry 1
- Family of Levi Judson Bryant 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gulf and Ship Island Railroad 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Jackson, Alexander Melvorne, 1823-1889 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1 ∧ less