Showing Collections: 31 - 49 of 49
Noel Polk Collection
In 1999, English professor Noel Polk left to McCain Library and Archives many documents, namely correspondence related to his work as an English professor and researcher. Topics such as academia, William Faulkner, Eudora Welty, southern literature, and Natchez before 1830 are covered.
Peggy W. Prenshaw Collection
In 1989, Peggy Prenshaw donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of papers related to her scholarship on Mississippi authors Eudora Welty and Elizabeth Spencer while a professor at USM. Also included are publications about women and women’s studies in academia.
William Presser Original Music Scores
The William Henry Presser Collection contains original drafts and published works that were composed by Dr. William Presser, as well as works published under the Theodore Presser Publishing Co. Included in this collection are hymns by R.G. Lowry and a recital program for Dr. William Presser. This collection is of particular interest to those studying music and the inner workings of music composition.
Jonathan Puckett Research Collection
Genealogy research materials.
Anna Margaret Roberts Papers
Documentation of the life and career of USM librarian.
Dr. William K. Scarborough Collection
Dr. William K. Scarborough is the author of several publications. These include The Overseer: Plantation Management in the Old South, The Diary of Edmund Ruffin, Masters of the Big House: Elite Slaveholders of the Mid-Nineteenth Century South, and The Allston’s of Chicora Wood: Wealth, Honor, and Gentility in the South Carolina Low Country.
T.P. Scott Papers
Raymond Seymour Papers
Klaus & Elisabeth C. Speer Papers
Personal diaries of Elisabeth Speer, family Christmas letters, and scrapbook of newspaper clippings concerning Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
Peter Stocks Papers
Documentation of the life and career of Dr. Peter Stocks, professor of microbiology and chair of the Department of Microbiology at The University of Southern Mississippi.
Wilbur White Stout Papers
Benjamin O. Van Hook Papers
A collection of materials relating to the life and work of B. O. Van Hook, former math instructor and golf coach at The University of Southern Mississippi.
J. Fred Walker Papers
Documentation of the life and career of USM professor of biological sciences.
Sidney E.L., Jr., Ed. D. and Martha Weatherford Collection
Account of the desegregation of the University of Southern Mississippi as remembered by the author in 2010, in addition to 2 books by the author and material donated by Dr. Weatherford and Mrs. Weatherford.
Edward M. Wheat Papers
Publications and professional papers reflecting the 23-year career of USM professor of political science.
Andrew A. Wiest Collection
The collection contains information and pictures regarding World War II and the Vietnam War. Items range from photocopies of books and articles to interviews of Vietnam soldiers to material regarding Vietnam battles such as Hamburger Hill.
Dr. Leon A. Wilber Collection
Publications produced by Dr. Leon Wilber.
Thomas Daniel Young Papers
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
Luigi Zaninelli Collection
Scores and other material created by noted American composer and USM professor of music.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 37
- Photographs. 29
- Records (Documents). 29
- Letter. 27
- Periodicals. 18
- Books. 17
- Manuscript. 14
- Speech. 11
- University of Southern Mississippi. 11
- Albums (Books). 10
- Brochures. 9
- Financial documents. 9
- Memorabilia. 9
- Programs (Publications). 9
- University of Southern Mississippi -- History. 9
- Certificates. 8
- Diaries. 8
- Dissertations, Academic. 8
- Newsletters. 8 + ∧ less
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 2
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 2
- McLemore, Richard Aubrey, Dr., 1903-1976 2
- Student Printz (1927-) 2
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 2
- Welty, Eudora, 1909-2001 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- American Nazi Party. ANP (1959-) 1
- Ashley, Grover, Col. 1
- Beech, Bob, Reverend (Robert L.), -2008 1
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 1
- Berry, D. C., Jr. (David Chapman), 1942- 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bigelow, Roy G., Dr., Dean Emeritus, Department of Education and Psychology, 1893-1973 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Brown , Katherine B., 1879-1939 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- D'Olive, Anne Louise, Assistant Professor Emeritus of Art, 1907-1982 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1 + ∧ less