Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 33
Letters, photographs, and other materials reflecting his personal life as well as his association with Mississippi Normal College.
The David C. Berry, Jr. Papers include the correspondence, drafted writings, and publications of USM professor and poet David C. Berry. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers focusing on the writing process or studying university professorships and family life in the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries. Topics in Berry’s poetry include the Vietnam War, marriage, divorce, and religion.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
The collection contains information concerning the personal and professional life of Virginia Isabelle Felder. Items range from her personal life and teaching career to she and her family’s involvement in the Methodist church to genealogical records.
Collection of materials that document the professional and social life of Dr. Claude E. Fike at the University of Southern Mississippi as a professor of history, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences (College of Liberal Arts), and the director of McCain Library.
Diary, ship's log, memoirs, correspondence, memorabilia concerning his service in the U.S. Navy with the Seventh Fleet near New Guinea.
The collection contains various receipts, deeds, and items of correspondence from the Finn Pegram families, and materials range in date from 1830 to 1903. There are also a few samples of 19th century advertising included: “Dr. Clark’s Pocket Memorandum Book” and an Arm & Hammer brand booklet that contains a series of stereotypical depictions of African Americans from that time period.
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Typescripts and galley proofs of books written by USM professor of counseling psychology, and other published material.
Material from USM History Professor Glenn T. Harper.
The collection contains material pertaining to the writings and publications of Dr. James G. Hollandsworth, correspondence, and manuscripts.
Research materials, articles, speeches, correspondence, scrapbook of USM professor of chemical engineering.
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
This collection contains information about Richard McLemore.
A collection of photographs, booklets, pamphlets, periodicals, postcards, letters, menus, and scrapbooks that will be in various collections.
This collection contains the literary and academic manuscripts of Dr. Charles Moorman, as well as his personal correspondence with the members of the professional and academic organizations of which he was a part.
Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
In 1999, English professor Noel Polk left to McCain Library and Archives many documents, namely correspondence related to his work as an English professor and researcher. Topics such as academia, William Faulkner, Eudora Welty, southern literature, and Natchez before 1830 are covered.
In 1989, Peggy Prenshaw donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of papers related to her scholarship on Mississippi authors Eudora Welty and Elizabeth Spencer while a professor at USM. Also included are publications about women and women’s studies in academia.
Genealogy research materials.
Documentation of the life and career of USM librarian.
Dr. William K. Scarborough is the author of several publications. These include The Overseer: Plantation Management in the Old South, The Diary of Edmund Ruffin, Masters of the Big House: Elite Slaveholders of the Mid-Nineteenth Century South, and The Allston’s of Chicora Wood: Wealth, Honor, and Gentility in the South Carolina Low Country.
Personal diaries of Elisabeth Speer, family Christmas letters, and scrapbook of newspaper clippings concerning Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 20
- Records (Documents). 19
- Photographs. 18
- Periodicals. 13
- Manuscript. 10
- Speech. 8
- Albums (Books). 7
- Books. 7
- Financial documents. 7
- Newsletters. 7
- Brochures. 6
- Certificates. 6
- Diaries. 6
- Programs (Publications). 6
- Essay. 5
- Greeting cards. 5
- Memorabilia. 5
- Résumés (Employment). 5 + ∧ less
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 3
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 2
- McLemore, Richard Aubrey, Dr., 1903-1976 2
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 2
- Welty, Eudora, 1909-2001 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- American Nazi Party. ANP (1959-) 1
- Austin, O.V. (Oliver V. Austin), 1890-1960 1
- Beech, Bob, Reverend (Robert L.), -2008 1
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 1
- Berry, D. C., Jr. (David Chapman), 1942- 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Brown , Katherine B., 1879-1939 1
- Caldwell, Erskine, 1903-1987 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Faulkner, William, 1897-1962 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1 + ∧ less