Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 20
103d Infantry Division Collection
Edna Bishop Papers
This collection consists of information on Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs) of World War II.
Harold Branton 103d Infantry Division Collection
Materials from the 103d Infantry Division during WWII, reunion materials and Harold Branton's book, 103rd Infantry Division: "the trail of the cactus".
Pat H. Bullock World War II Papers
Eugene V. Cameron/USS Biloxi Collection
Eugene V. Cameron served aboard the U.S.S. Biloxi during his tenure in the U.S. Navy during World War II. The U.S.S. Biloxi was commissioned in 1943 and served in the Pacific Ocean. The ship was decommissioned in 1946.
Lonette Bryant Cliburn Papers
The Lonette Bryant Cliburn Papers consist of early twentieth-century documents, letters, and photographs that pertain to the Henry-Rowell-Waldrup and related families of Jasper County, Mississippi. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying traditional farming in Mississippi, World War I correspondence, women’s roles in the early twentieth century, William Carey University, University of Southern Mississippi, and local Hattiesburg history.
William M. Colmer Papers
Lionel Dyck, Jr. 103d Military Collection
This collection contains materials related to Lionel Dyck, Jr.
Claude E. Fike World War II Diary
Diary, ship's log, memoirs, correspondence, memorabilia concerning his service in the U.S. Navy with the Seventh Fleet near New Guinea.
Guy L. Gammon WWII Collection
This collection consists of materials relating to the Crash Boat Base in Ocean Springs, Mississippi during WWII.
Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr. Papers
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Richard Irwin Lester, Jr. Collection
Material on Germany during Third Reich, donated in memory of Armin D. Lehmann and in honor of Wilhelm Reinhard Gehlen.
Opie Lee McNutt World War II Collection
Jim Minn World War II Memories
Jim Minn was a Research Associate Professor in the Department of Chemistry at The University of Southern Mississippi. The Collection contains an audio cassette and typed notes of his memories as a scout in the First Platoon of “D” Dog Troop in the 94th Recon of the 14th Armored Division in France and Germany during World War II. The tape was recorded on May 31, 1999.
Walter P. Nilsson USS Biloxi Collection
Various materials from Walter P. Nilsson’s service time and the operations of the U.S.S. Biloxi in 1943-1944.
Jonathan Puckett Research Collection
Genealogy research materials.
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Lewis E. & Albertine M. Skilton Papers
Michael Sledge Research Collection
Rev. Elton Cartis Tucker Papers
The collection contains materials pertaining to Elton Cartis Tucker’s service in the U.S. Army. Items range from his service in the military, material on the First U.S. Infantry Division, and various memorabilia such as a cloth and paper swastika to postage stamps to a small shaving mirror.
- Letter. 16
- Photographs. 16
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 12
- Memorabilia. 11
- Periodicals. 9
- Albums (Books). 7
- Books. 7
- Map. 7
- Military decorations. 7
- Financial documents. 6
- Postcards. 6
- Programs (Publications). 6
- Brochures. 5
- Certificates. 5
- Memoir. 5
- Military orders. 5
- Newsletters. 5
- Personal narratives. 5 + ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 3
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bellande, Ray L., 1943- 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Branton, Harold M., Lt. Colonel (Harold Matthew) (1921-2012) 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Dyck, Lionel, Jr. 1
- Family of Cora E. Henry 1
- Family of Levi Judson Bryant 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 1
- Gammon, Guy L., 1916- 1
- Gehlen, Wilhelm R. (Wilhelm Reinhard), 1933- 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Keesler Army Airfield (Miss.) 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1 + ∧ less