Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract The collection contains various paper material such as correspondence, copied newspaper articles, copied photographs, several publications, and material on President Jimmy Carter’s inauguration.
Dates: circa 1971-1984
Abstract This collection is comprised mainly of materials that document Erle Johnston's personal life and professional activities from approximately 1922 through his death in 1995. The Erle Johnston Papers should be beneficial to any researcher interested in the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi, as well as the political history of Mississippi in the twentieth century. The collection also provides insight into the life and personality of an important Mississippian.
Dates: circa 1922-1999
Scope and Contents This collection contains materials generated and/or collected by Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal, Inc. (PC-CAND). This collection should be of interest to those researching any aspect of nuclear waste disposal.
Dates: circa 1969-1987
Abstract Audio and video tapes, press releases and broadsides from the campaigns of Gov. Bill Allain, Sen. John Stennis, Haley Barbour, and Gov. Cliff Finch.
Form of Material Video tapes of television spots from campaigns of Mississippi Senator John Stennis, Mississippi Lieutenant Governor Evelyn Gandy, and Democratic Presidential candidate Gary Hart. The accession also includes slides and audio cassettes of the Hattiesburg, Mississippi Historic District Walking Tours for 1985 and 1986.
Form of Material The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
- Politicians -- Mississippi. 5
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 4
- Letter. 4
- Legislators -- United States. 3
- Photographs. 3
- Political campaigns. 3
- Video recordings. 3
- Albums (Books). 2
- Awards. 2
- Books. 2
- Civil rights. 2
- Government publications. 2
- Governors -- Mississippi. 2
- Map. 2
- Memorabilia. 2
- Mississippi -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- Mississippi. Legislature. Senate. 2
- Newsletters. 2
- Periodicals. 2
- Press releases. 2 ∧ less
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 3
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 2
- Barbour, Haley, 63rd Governor of Mississippi, 1947- 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Carter, Jimmy, Jr., 39th President of the United States (James Earl), 1924- 1
- Cochran, Thad, Senator, 1937- 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Finch, Cliff, 57th Governor of Mississippi (Charles Clifton), 1927–1986 1
- Hart, Gary, Senator (Gary Warren Hartpence), 1936- 1
- Ingram, Carroll H. 1
- Johnston, Erle E., 1917-1995 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Lott, Trent, Senator, 1941- 1
- Mondale, Walter F., Walter Frederick "Fritz", 42nd Vice President of the United States, 1928- 1
- Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal (Miss.). PC-CAND 1
- Sierra Club (1892-) 1 ∧ less