Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
William M. Colmer Papers
Scope and Contents The vast majority of the William M. Colmer Papers encompass his forty-year career as a United States Congressman from Mississippi (1933-1972). However, it also contains a significant amount of material regarding his activities prior to his election to Congress, and a limited amount of materials generated after his retirement in 1972. The original arrangement of the materials has been preserved as closely as possible. Inclusive dates are approximately 1906–1980. The collection divided...
Gregory E. Favre Collection
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Collection
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Erle E. Johnston, Jr. Papers
This collection is comprised mainly of materials that document Erle Johnston's personal life and professional activities from approximately 1922 through his death in 1995. The Erle Johnston Papers should be beneficial to any researcher interested in the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi, as well as the political history of Mississippi in the twentieth century. The collection also provides insight into the life and personality of an important Mississippian.
Dates: circa 1922-1999
- Greeting cards. 3
- Interviews (Sound recordings). 3
- Politicians -- Mississippi. 3
- Programs (Publications). 3
- Records (Documents). 3
- Speech. 3
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 2
- Brochures. 2
- Certificates. 2
- Civil rights -- United States. 2
- Civil rights. 2
- Financial documents. 2
- Fliers (Ephemera). 2 + ∧ less
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Gregory and Bea Favre 1