Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
- Albums (Books). 3
- Books. 3
- Brochures. 3
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 3
- Memorabilia. 3
- Programs (Publications). 3
- Account books. 2
- Certificates. 2
- Diplomas. 2
- Essay. 2
- Fliers (Ephemera). 2
- Greeting cards. 2
- Invitation cards. 2
- Minutes (Records). 2 + ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- Rotary Club of Hattiesburg (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1918-) 1