Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Materials from the 103d Infantry Division during WWII, reunion materials and Harold Branton's book, 103rd Infantry Division: "the trail of the cactus".
Photographs, certificates, and plaques awarded to Civil War collector.
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
The collection contains materials pertaining to the Vietnam War. These materials include medals, photographs, photocopies of books, reports, correspondence, and oversized maps.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
This collection is comprised mainly of materials that document Erle Johnston's personal life and professional activities from approximately 1922 through his death in 1995. The Erle Johnston Papers should be beneficial to any researcher interested in the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi, as well as the political history of Mississippi in the twentieth century. The collection also provides insight into the life and personality of an important Mississippian.
The majority of the collection centers around Jeremiah Joseph "Jerry" O'Keefe and his political career.
Other materials include: photo album & scrapbook of Mary Cahill O'Keefe; photo album of Teresa Slattery O'Keefe; Jerry O'Keefe Legislative scrapbook; Jerry O'Keefe Political Career scrapbooks (2); Collected newspapers re Biloxi Mayor Hart Chinn and John A. O'Keefe, his successor; various plaques, awards, and proclamations.
Materials relating to the life of Representative Gene D. Saucier.
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 12
- Records (Documents). 11
- Memorabilia. 10
- Periodicals. 9
- Books. 7
- Brochures. 7
- Speech. 7
- Certificates. 6
- Political campaigns. 6
- Programs (Publications). 6
- Greeting cards. 5
- Newsletters. 5
- Politicians -- Mississippi. 5
- Civil rights. 4
- Diplomas. 4
- Financial documents. 4 ∧ less
- French 1
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 2
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 2
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Branton, Harold M., Lt. Colonel (Harold Matthew) (1921-2012) 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Gregory and Bea Favre 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Johnston, Erle E., 1917-1995 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- O'Keefe 1
- O'Keefe, Jeremiah "Jerry" Joseph, III, 1923-2016 1
- Rotary Club of Hattiesburg (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1918-) 1
- Saucier, Gene Duane, Ed.D, 1931-2020 1
- Till, Emmett, 1941-1955 1
- Winstead, W. Arthur, Mississippi Congressman, U.S. House of Representatives (William Arthur), 1904-1995 1 ∧ less