Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 3
- Diplomas. 3
- Essay. 3
- Records (Documents). 3
- Speech. 3
- University of Southern Mississippi. 3
- African Americans. 2
- Books. 2
- Brochures. 2
- Compact discs. 2
- Financial documents. 2
- Forrest County (Miss.) 2
- Greeting cards. 2
- Handbook. 2 + ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- Pope, Moran McLelland, Jr., 1922-2017 1