Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 7
- Letter. 7
- Memorabilia. 6
- Certificates. 5
- Invitation cards. 5
- Programs (Publications). 5
- Albums (Books). 4
- Biographies. 4
- Books. 4
- Brochures. 4
- Greeting cards. 4
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 4
- Interviews (Sound recordings). 4
- Periodicals. 4
- Political campaigns. 4
- Postcards. 4 + ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Marx, Charles Alvin, Dr., 1932- 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- Paul B. Johnson Family 1
- Rotary Club of Hattiesburg (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1918-) 1
- Wheat, Roy M., Medal of Honor recipient, Lance Corporal (Roy Mitchell), 1947-1967 1 + ∧ less