Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
Eugene V. Cameron served aboard the U.S.S. Biloxi during his tenure in the U.S. Navy during World War II. The U.S.S. Biloxi was commissioned in 1943 and served in the Pacific Ocean. The ship was decommissioned in 1946.
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
Notes, news clippings photographs, scrapbooks, publications, other documenting the life of this Biloxi, Mississippi school teacher.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Items related to Ann Mulloy Ashmore and her experiences as chair of the Oklahoma IWY Coordination Committee. Marjorie Spruill Wheeler at The University of Southern Mississippi conducted her oral history for inclusion of her book: Divided We Stand: The Battle over Women’s Rights and Family Values that Polarized American Politics.
This collection is comprised mainly of materials that document Erle Johnston's personal life and professional activities from approximately 1922 through his death in 1995. The Erle Johnston Papers should be beneficial to any researcher interested in the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi, as well as the political history of Mississippi in the twentieth century. The collection also provides insight into the life and personality of an important Mississippian.
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Books and memorabilia related to Gulf Park College for Women.
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
This collection contains clippings, correspondence, memorabilia, menus, invitations, media, scrapbooks, photographs, speeches and planning materials for The Mystic Krewe of Zeus. The materials primarily date 1924-2020.
Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and information about the Keesler family.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Political memorabilia, research collections, personal and family materials of a historian and student of state, national, and international politics.
S. G. Thigpen, Sr. of Picayune, Mississippi, was an area entrepreneur, historian, and writer who operated from his hardware store from 1919 to his death in 1981. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, essays, photographs, scrapbooks, sound recordings and newspaper articles of Thigpen's life and the Pearl River County, Mississippi area.
- Letter. 18
- Photographs. 18
- Records (Documents). 14
- Albums (Books). 10
- Programs (Publications). 10
- Postcards. 9
- Periodicals. 8
- Brochures. 7
- Financial documents. 7
- Newspapers. 7
- Political campaigns. 7
- Awards. 6
- Certificates. 6
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 6
- Invitation cards. 6
- Speech. 6
- Books. 5 + ∧ less
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 2
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 2
- Keesler Army Airfield (Miss.) 2
- Mississippi University for Women.. MSCW. MUW (1884-) 2
- Ashmore, Ann Mulloy 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Foster, Mildred Maggie Seymour, 1909-1993 1
- Gregory and Bea Favre 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Johnston, Erle E., 1917-1995 1
- Keesler, Samuel Reeves, Jr., Second Lieutenant, 1896-1918 1
- Keesler, Samuel Reeves, Sr., General 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1 + ∧ less