Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Dates: circa 1938-2000
Scope and Contents The vast majority of the William M. Colmer Papers encompass his forty-year career as a United States Congressman from Mississippi (1933-1972). However, it also contains a significant amount of material regarding his activities prior to his election to Congress, and a limited amount of materials generated after his retirement in 1972. The original arrangement of the materials has been preserved as closely as possible. Inclusive dates are approximately 1906–1980. The collection divided...
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Dates: circa 1910-2010
- Awards. 3
- Certificates. 3
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 3
- Memorabilia. 3
- Political campaigns. 3
- Postcards. 3
- Programs (Publications). 3
- Records (Documents). 3
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 2
- Books. 2
- Camp Shelby (Miss.). 2
- Civil rights. 2
- Clubs. 2 ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Kyker, Fannie LaVelle “Goodie”, 1926-2009 1
- Rotary Club of Hattiesburg (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1918-) 1