Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Victoria Gray Adams Papers
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Dr. John Calvin Berry Papers
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Boney Family Collection
This collection contains Boney Family materials.
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Dent Family Papers
Items relating to Dent family, also includes surnames Gunn, McLeod, and Pickering. Contains a selection of very early 1900 postcards, mostly of Mississippi Gulf Coast.
P. D. East Collection
This collection contains materials related to the life and activities of P.D. East. Materials include personal papers, photographs, issues of East's The Petal Paper, a speech, and letters. This collection should be of interest to anyone researching the civil rights movement in Mississippi.
Edmiston, Kelley, Flowers, & Ferris Family Collection
Materials documenting Donor's family who lived in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Bertha M. Fritzsche Collection
This collection consists of biographical data and personal diaries that provide insight concerning the career, lifestyle, and personality of Dr. Bertha Maude Fritzsche. The material begins in 1929 when Fritzsche began teaching home economics at the University of Southern Mississippi (USM), known then as the State Teacher's College, and continues until her death in March 1990. The collection is divided into two series: Biographical Data (1929-1987) and Diaries (1937-1990).
J. Brackin Kirkland Papers
Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
Fannie Kyker Collection
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Nydegger Family Papers
Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
O'Keefe Family Archive
The majority of the collection centers around Jeremiah Joseph "Jerry" O'Keefe and his political career.
Other materials include: photo album & scrapbook of Mary Cahill O'Keefe; photo album of Teresa Slattery O'Keefe; Jerry O'Keefe Legislative scrapbook; Jerry O'Keefe Political Career scrapbooks (2); Collected newspapers re Biloxi Mayor Hart Chinn and John A. O'Keefe, his successor; various plaques, awards, and proclamations.
Moran Pope Collection
Memorabilia from Hattiesburg, the Demonstration School, Mississippi Normal College, State Teachers College, and The University of Mississippi.
Raymond Seymour Papers
Thomas Hiram Stanley Papers
This collection contains addresses, programs, and photographs.
- Photographs. 14
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 11
- Letter. 9
- Programs (Publications). 9
- Memorabilia. 8
- Speech. 8
- Periodicals. 7
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 6
- Records (Documents). 6
- Awards. 5
- Brochures. 5
- Financial documents. 5
- Obituaries. 5
- Albums (Books). 4
- Clubs. 4
- Fliers (Ephemera). 4
- Genealogy. 4
- Greeting cards. 4 + ∧ less
- Hattiesburg High School. 3
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Boney Family 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Dent 1
- East, P. D. (Percy Dale), 1921-1971 1
- Fritzsche, Bertha Maude, 1901-1990 1
- Kyker, Fannie LaVelle “Goodie”, 1926-2009 1
- McDowell, Katherine Sherwood Bonner, 1849-1883 1
- O'Keefe 1
- O'Keefe, Jeremiah "Jerry" Joseph, III, 1923-2016 1
- Pope, Moran McLelland, Jr., 1922-2017 1
- Seymour, Raymond B., Dr. (Raymond Benedict), 1912-1991 1
- Stanley, Thomas Hiram, -1974 1
- University of Southern Mississippi Foundation. (1959-) 1
- University of Southern Mississippi. Alumni Association. 1
- William Carey University. 1 + ∧ less