Showing Collections: 1 - 21 of 21
Correspondence, scrapbooks, photo albums, printed materials, political campaign and organizations' buttons, poster, and video tapes of this Freedom Summer volunteer in Holly Springs, Mississippi.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
This collection contains materials related to the life and activities of P.D. East. Materials include personal papers, photographs, issues of East's The Petal Paper, a speech, and letters. This collection should be of interest to anyone researching the civil rights movement in Mississippi.
Correspondence, medals, uniforms and artifacts from USM student who served in Afghanistan, Iraq, and South Korea.
This collection consists of biographical data and personal diaries that provide insight concerning the career, lifestyle, and personality of Dr. Bertha Maude Fritzsche. The material begins in 1929 when Fritzsche began teaching home economics at the University of Southern Mississippi (USM), known then as the State Teacher's College, and continues until her death in March 1990. The collection is divided into two series: Biographical Data (1929-1987) and Diaries (1937-1990).
The collection contains materials pertaining to the Vietnam War. These materials include medals, photographs, photocopies of books, reports, correspondence, and oversized maps.
This collection is comprised mainly of materials that document Erle Johnston's personal life and professional activities from approximately 1922 through his death in 1995. The Erle Johnston Papers should be beneficial to any researcher interested in the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi, as well as the political history of Mississippi in the twentieth century. The collection also provides insight into the life and personality of an important Mississippian.
Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
This collection contains materials related to Powell Ogletree.
Memorabilia from Hattiesburg, the Demonstration School, Mississippi Normal College, State Teachers College, and The University of Mississippi.
Genealogy research materials.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Pamphlets and programs from various Hattiesburg area activities, certificates and correspondence from the Office of Price Administration, and war bonds and ration books.
The Tatum family were prominent owners of businesses and land in and around the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area beginning in 1893 with the establishment of their first lumber mill. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, photographs, blueprints, newspaper articles, maps and artifacts of the Tatum family’s business dealings as well as local Hattiesburg history, including W. S. F. Tatum’s mayoral term from 1922 to 1924 and again from 1928 to 1936.
- Certificates. 20
- Letter. 18
- Photographs. 18
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 17
- Records (Documents). 13
- Financial documents. 11
- Awards. 10
- Brochures. 10
- Periodicals. 10
- Programs (Publications). 10
- Speech. 9
- Diplomas. 8
- Books. 7
- Greeting cards. 7
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 7
- University of Southern Mississippi. 7
- Albums (Books). 6
- Civil rights. 6
- Fliers (Ephemera). 6 + ∧ less
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern Railroad Company. B & HS (1923-1953) 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Dahl, Kathleen Aileen 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- East, P. D. (Percy Dale), 1921-1971 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Fritzsche, Bertha Maude, 1901-1990 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Johnston, Erle E., 1917-1995 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Kyker, Fannie LaVelle “Goodie”, 1926-2009 1 + ∧ less