Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
This collection is comprised mainly of materials that document Erle Johnston's personal life and professional activities from approximately 1922 through his death in 1995. The Erle Johnston Papers should be beneficial to any researcher interested in the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi, as well as the political history of Mississippi in the twentieth century. The collection also provides insight into the life and personality of an important Mississippian.
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
The majority of the collection centers around Jeremiah Joseph "Jerry" O'Keefe and his political career.
Other materials include: photo album & scrapbook of Mary Cahill O'Keefe; photo album of Teresa Slattery O'Keefe; Jerry O'Keefe Legislative scrapbook; Jerry O'Keefe Political Career scrapbooks (2); Collected newspapers re Biloxi Mayor Hart Chinn and John A. O'Keefe, his successor; various plaques, awards, and proclamations.
- Awards. 4
- Programs (Publications). 4
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 3
- Brochures. 3
- Civil rights. 3
- Diplomas. 3
- Financial documents. 3
- Fliers (Ephemera). 3
- Greeting cards. 3
- Memorabilia. 3
- Postcards. 3
- Books. 2
- Camp Shelby (Miss.). 2
- Civil rights -- United States. 2 + ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Johnston, Erle E., 1917-1995 1