Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Materials relating to the Black Lives Matter movement in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Family photographs and materials documenting the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Memoir of his arrest as a child for picketing the Forrest County Courthouse during the Civil Rights Movement.
This collection consists of one video of what appears to be the Freedom Day protests of January 22, 1964 that occurred for voter registration outside of the courthouse in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. The Hattiesburg Civil Rights Film is of particular interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi, and Hattiesburg.
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 8
- Civil rights. 8
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 7
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 6
- African Americans. 5
- Letter. 5
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 5
- Photographs. 5
- Race relations. 5
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 4
- Periodicals. 4
- Posters. 4
- Programs (Publications). 4
- Records (Documents). 4
- Books. 3
- Brochures. 3
- Fliers (Ephemera). 3
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) -- History -- 20th century. 3
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. 3 ∧ less
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Bowers, Samuel Holloway, 1924-2006 1
- Branch, Raylawni G., 1941- 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1