Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
This collection should be of interest to students and researchers of the civil rights era circa 1960-1980; especially those interested in civil rights legal cases and the history of black legislators in Mississippi.
NAACP correspondence and materials documenting the contributions of this Hattiesburg Civil Rights leader.
Descriptions of buildings and sites in the Hattiesburg area during the Civil Rights era.
Photographs taken by creative artist at SNCC orientation session and in Hattiesburg, Mississippi during Freedom Summer, materials documenting USM's commemoration of the 35th anniversary of Freedom Summer on June 5-7, 1999 in conjunction with the opening of the exhibit "Faces of Freedom Summer: The Photographs of Herbert Randall", and materials related to the book Faces of Freedom Summer.
Letters written by a Freedom Summer volunteer in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 5
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 5
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.). 5
- Forrest County (Miss.) 5
- Letter. 5
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 5
- Records (Documents). 4
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.), 4
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 3
- Brochures. 3
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. 3
- Periodicals. 3
- Photographs. 3
- Programs (Publications). 3
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference. 3
- Books. 2
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 2 ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Connor, Peggy Jean, 1932-2018 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Fairley, J. C. (Jimmy Carter), 1921- 1