Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Victoria Gray Adams Papers
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Raylawni Branch Collection
Family photographs and materials documenting the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
George William Chilcoat Freedom Summer Research Collection
Scholarly articles about the Freedom Schools co-authored by Dr. Chilcoat.
Emilye Crosby Civil Rights Collection (AM18-05)
Primary and secondary research materials related to Claiborne County, Mississippi and its county seat, Port Gibson. Claiborne County was the center of a little-known but profound demonstration and struggle during the civil rights movement resulting in the United States Supreme Court Case NAACP v. Claiborne Hardware Company.
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Ed Hamlett White Folks Project Collection
Original and printed materials accumulated by the state director of the White Folks Project, a part of Freedom Summer 1964; includes tape of recent interview with sister of WFP volunteer Sam Shirah; Photocopy of “Poor Whites and the Movement, A Working Paper.”
Sheila Michaels Papers
Materials relating to the Civil Rights activities of S.N.C.C. field secretary who served as Project Manager of the COFO-Hattiesburg Project office during Freedom Summer.
Herbert Randall Freedom Summer Photographs
Photographs taken by creative artist at SNCC orientation session and in Hattiesburg, Mississippi during Freedom Summer, materials documenting USM's commemoration of the 35th anniversary of Freedom Summer on June 5-7, 1999 in conjunction with the opening of the exhibit "Faces of Freedom Summer: The Photographs of Herbert Randall", and materials related to the book Faces of Freedom Summer.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Matthew Zwerling Freedom Summer Collection
Mathew Zwerling was a volunteer from New York during Mississippi Freedom Summer in 1964.
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 9
- Photographs. 9
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 8
- Letter. 7
- Newsletters. 7
- Brochures. 6
- Records (Documents). 6
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.), 6
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 5
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 5
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. 5
- Fliers (Ephemera). 4
- Minutes (Records). 4
- Race relations. 4
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 3
- African Americans. 3
- Books. 3 + ∧ less
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Branch, Raylawni G., 1941- 1
- Carmichael, Stokely (Stokely Standiford Churchill), 1941-1998 1
- Crosby, Emilye 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 1
- Hamlett, Ed, 1939- 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Michaels, Sheila Babs (Sheila Shiki y Kessler), 1939-2017 1
- Randall, Herbert, 1936- 1
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 1
- Wade, Daisy Harris, 1931-2014 1 + ∧ less