Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Photographs taken by creative artist at SNCC orientation session and in Hattiesburg, Mississippi during Freedom Summer, materials documenting USM's commemoration of the 35th anniversary of Freedom Summer on June 5-7, 1999 in conjunction with the opening of the exhibit "Faces of Freedom Summer: The Photographs of Herbert Randall", and materials related to the book Faces of Freedom Summer.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
- Brochures. 4
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 4
- Letter. 4
- Records (Documents). 4
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.), 4
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 3
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 3
- Forrest County (Miss.) 3
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 3
- Minutes (Records). 3
- Newsletters. 3
- Speech. 3
- Audiocassettes. 2
- Books. 2 + ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1