Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Victoria Gray Adams Papers
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Raylawni Branch Collection
Family photographs and materials documenting the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
Will D. Campbell Papers
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
P. D. East Collection
This collection contains materials related to the life and activities of P.D. East. Materials include personal papers, photographs, issues of East's The Petal Paper, a speech, and letters. This collection should be of interest to anyone researching the civil rights movement in Mississippi.
Ed Hamlett White Folks Project Collection
Original and printed materials accumulated by the state director of the White Folks Project, a part of Freedom Summer 1964; includes tape of recent interview with sister of WFP volunteer Sam Shirah; Photocopy of “Poor Whites and the Movement, A Working Paper.”
Charles A. Marx Papers
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
Sheila Michaels Papers
Materials relating to the Civil Rights activities of S.N.C.C. field secretary who served as Project Manager of the COFO-Hattiesburg Project office during Freedom Summer.
Mississippi Burning Collection
Script, VHS, book, photographs, and memorabilia relating to the major motion film, Mississippi Burning.
Herbert Randall Freedom Summer Photographs
Photographs taken by creative artist at SNCC orientation session and in Hattiesburg, Mississippi during Freedom Summer, materials documenting USM's commemoration of the 35th anniversary of Freedom Summer on June 5-7, 1999 in conjunction with the opening of the exhibit "Faces of Freedom Summer: The Photographs of Herbert Randall", and materials related to the book Faces of Freedom Summer.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Thelma Stevens Papers
The Thelma Stevens Papers collection contains personal materials, manuscript materials, published materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
William Arthur Winstead Papers
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
Matthew Zwerling Freedom Summer Collection
Mathew Zwerling was a volunteer from New York during Mississippi Freedom Summer in 1964.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 10
- Letter. 10
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 9
- Newsletters. 9
- Records (Documents). 9
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 8
- Brochures. 7
- Books. 6
- Memorabilia. 6
- Race relations. 6
- Speech. 6
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.), 6
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 5
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 5
- Essay. 5
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 5
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. 5 + ∧ less
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Branch, Raylawni G., 1941- 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Carmichael, Stokely (Stokely Standiford Churchill), 1941-1998 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- East, P. D. (Percy Dale), 1921-1971 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Gerolmo, Chris 1
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 1
- Hamlett, Ed, 1939- 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Marx, Charles Alvin, Dr., 1932- 1 + ∧ less