Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Victoria Gray Adams Papers
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
David Batzka Civil Rights Collection
The David Batzka Civil Rights Collection contains papers from before, during, and after Batzka’s time in Clarksdale, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Rabbi David Z. Ben-Ami Papers
Materials pertaining to the life and work of Rabbi David Z. Ben-Ami, who served at Temple B'Nai Israel in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in 1963 and 1964.
Will D. Campbell Papers
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
Emilye Crosby Civil Rights Collection (AM18-05)
Primary and secondary research materials related to Claiborne County, Mississippi and its county seat, Port Gibson. Claiborne County was the center of a little-known but profound demonstration and struggle during the civil rights movement resulting in the United States Supreme Court Case NAACP v. Claiborne Hardware Company.
Vernon F. Dahmer Collection
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Leslie A. Falk African American History Research Collection
Materials regarding the Underground Railroad and other aspects of African American history collected by Dr. Falk, the first Medical Committee for Human Rights Field Secretary in Mississippi.
Leesha Faulkner Civil Rights Collection
A group of materials that give an in depth look into the Civil Rights Movement and primarily the Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission.
Jill Wakeman Goodman Civil Rights Collection
Materials relating to her activities with the Delta Ministry in Mississippi.
Margaret Jo Hazelton Freedom Summer Collection
Photographs taken during Mississippi Freedom Summer.
Lucy Komisar Civil Rights Collection
Charles A. Marx Papers
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
William D. McCain Pamphlet Collection
Pamphlets collected by USM president on communism, civil rights, desegregation, and other race-related topics; a speech on Freedom by Dr. McCain and two books on Benito Mussolini and Italian Fascism.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 13
- Civil rights. 10
- Letter. 10
- Photographs. 9
- Records (Documents). 8
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 7
- Brochures. 6
- Speech. 6
- Essay. 5
- Periodicals. 5
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 4
- African Americans. 4
- Books. 4
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 4
- Fliers (Ephemera). 4
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 4
- Legal case and case notes. 4
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. 4
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 4 + ∧ less
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 3
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Batzka, David Lee, 1941-2002 1
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 1
- Bowers, Samuel Holloway, 1924-2006 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Carmichael, Stokely (Stokely Standiford Churchill), 1941-1998 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Crosby, Emilye 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Falk, Leslie A (Leslie Alan), 1915- 1
- Faulkner, Leesha 1
- Goodman, Jill Wakeman 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Hazelton, Margaret Jo, 1942- 1
- Johnston, Erle E., 1917-1995 1
- Komisar, Lucy, 1942- 1
- Marx, Charles Alvin, Dr., 1932- 1
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 1 + ∧ less