Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
The David Batzka Civil Rights Collection contains papers from before, during, and after Batzka’s time in Clarksdale, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
This collection is a compilation of various materials relating to the Civil Rights Movement in the South.
Correspondence, scrapbooks, photo albums, printed materials, political campaign and organizations' buttons, poster, and video tapes of this Freedom Summer volunteer in Holly Springs, Mississippi.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Correspondence and materials collected by these Freedom School teachers in Hattiesburg during Freedom Summer in 1964.
A group of materials that give an in depth look into the Civil Rights Movement and primarily the Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission.
Original and printed materials accumulated by the state director of the White Folks Project, a part of Freedom Summer 1964; includes tape of recent interview with sister of WFP volunteer Sam Shirah; Photocopy of “Poor Whites and the Movement, A Working Paper.”
Photographs taken during Mississippi Freedom Summer.
The William “Bill” G. McAtee Civil Rights Collection consists of pamphlets and brochures published by SNCC, as well as a Freedom School curriculum McAtee received from the SNCC-NCC training center in Oxford, Ohio. This collection is of particular value to researchers interested in the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s, Freedom Summer, Freedom Schools, interracial involvement, and religion.
Pamphlets collected by USM president on communism, civil rights, desegregation, and other race-related topics; a speech on Freedom by Dr. McCain and two books on Benito Mussolini and Italian Fascism.
Photographs taken by creative artist at SNCC orientation session and in Hattiesburg, Mississippi during Freedom Summer, materials documenting USM's commemoration of the 35th anniversary of Freedom Summer on June 5-7, 1999 in conjunction with the opening of the exhibit "Faces of Freedom Summer: The Photographs of Herbert Randall", and materials related to the book Faces of Freedom Summer.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Materials cover the feminist movement, a farm co-op, and Sue’s artistic endeavors.
The Thelma Stevens Papers collection contains personal materials, manuscript materials, published materials, photographs, and correspondence.
- Civil rights. 14
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 13
- Letter. 13
- Photographs. 12
- Records (Documents). 11
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 10
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 10
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 8
- Newsletters. 8
- Periodicals. 8
- Race relations. 8
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.), 8
- Interviews (Sound recordings). 7
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. 7
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 6
- Fliers (Ephemera). 6
- Memorabilia. 6
- Posters. 6
- Speech. 6 ∧ less
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Batzka, David Lee, 1941-2002 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Dahl, Kathleen Aileen 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Ellin, Joseph, 1936- 1
- Ellin, Nancy B. (Nancy Bowles) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Faulkner, Leesha 1
- Hamlett, Ed, 1939- 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Hazelton, Margaret Jo, 1942- 1
- Johnston, Erle E., 1917-1995 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- McAtee, William G. 1 ∧ less