Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Dates: circa 1938-2000
Scope and Contents The vast majority of the William M. Colmer Papers encompass his forty-year career as a United States Congressman from Mississippi (1933-1972). However, it also contains a significant amount of material regarding his activities prior to his election to Congress, and a limited amount of materials generated after his retirement in 1972. The original arrangement of the materials has been preserved as closely as possible. Inclusive dates are approximately 1906–1980. The collection divided...
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
- Brochures. 3
- Fliers (Ephemera). 3
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 3
- Invitation cards. 3
- Memorabilia. 3
- Political campaigns. 3
- Programs (Publications). 3
- Speech. 3
- Account books. 2
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 2
- Books. 2
- Certificates. 2
- Civil rights. 2 ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Rotary Club of Hattiesburg (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1918-) 1