Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Materials relating to the Black Lives Matter movement in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Materials regarding the Underground Railroad and other aspects of African American history collected by Dr. Falk, the first Medical Committee for Human Rights Field Secretary in Mississippi.
This collection is comprised mainly of materials that document Erle Johnston's personal life and professional activities from approximately 1922 through his death in 1995. The Erle Johnston Papers should be beneficial to any researcher interested in the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi, as well as the political history of Mississippi in the twentieth century. The collection also provides insight into the life and personality of an important Mississippian.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
The Thelma Stevens Papers collection contains personal materials, manuscript materials, published materials, photographs, and correspondence.
United States of America vs. Theron C. Lynd, Registrar of Voters for Forrest County, Mississippi - Legal case
Court records of a lawsuit filed by the U.S. Department of Justice against a county registrar of voters for infringing the civil rights of black citizens by denying them the right to vote.
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
- Civil rights. 10
- Letter. 8
- Photographs. 8
- Records (Documents). 7
- African Americans. 6
- Brochures. 5
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 5
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 5
- Memorabilia. 5
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. 5
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 4
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 4
- Newspapers. 4
- Periodicals. 4
- Political campaigns. 4
- Programs (Publications). 4
- Race relations. 4
- Segregation. 4 + ∧ less
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 2
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Bowers, Samuel Holloway, 1924-2006 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Falk, Leslie A (Leslie Alan), 1915- 1
- Johnston, Erle E., 1917-1995 1
- Komisar, Lucy, 1942- 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Lynd, Theron C., Forrest County Circuit Clerk, 1920-1978 1
- Roberts, M. M., Dr. (Malcomb Mettie), 1895-1982 1
- Shemper, David 1
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 1
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 1
- Till, Emmett, 1941-1955 1
- Wade, Daisy Harris, 1931-2014 1 + ∧ less