Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Victoria Gray Adams Papers
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
George William Chilcoat Freedom Summer Research Collection
Scholarly articles about the Freedom Schools co-authored by Dr. Chilcoat.
Emilye Crosby Civil Rights Collection (AM18-05)
Primary and secondary research materials related to Claiborne County, Mississippi and its county seat, Port Gibson. Claiborne County was the center of a little-known but profound demonstration and struggle during the civil rights movement resulting in the United States Supreme Court Case NAACP v. Claiborne Hardware Company.
Kathleen Dahl Freedom Summer Collection
Correspondence, scrapbooks, photo albums, printed materials, political campaign and organizations' buttons, poster, and video tapes of this Freedom Summer volunteer in Holly Springs, Mississippi.
Vernon F. Dahmer Collection
Joseph and Nancy Ellin Freedom Summer Collection
Correspondence and materials collected by these Freedom School teachers in Hattiesburg during Freedom Summer in 1964.
Jinny Glass Mississippi Freedom Summer Diary
Diary of Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Palmer's Crossing Community Center and 1996 article on Freedom Summer.
Albert F. Gordon Freedom Rider Collection
Lists of Freedom Riders, arrest records, investigative reports, correspondence, newspaper clippings, etc.
This collection should be of value to researchers interested in the Freedom Rides and the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Lawrence D. Spears Civil Rights Collection
Materials about the assault of civil rights workers Lawrence Spears, David Owen, and Rabbi Arthur Lelyveld in Hattiesburg, Mississippi on July 10, 1964.
Zoya Zeman Freedom Summer Collection
Materials documenting Zeman's activities as a Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Clarksdale, Mississippi.
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 8
- Civil rights. 6
- Letter. 6
- Records (Documents). 6
- Photographs. 5
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.), 5
- Brochures. 4
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.). 4
- Fliers (Ephemera). 4
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 4
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. 4
- Newsletters. 4
- Periodicals. 4
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 3
- Albums (Books). 3
- Diaries. 3
- Essay. 3 + ∧ less
- Glass, Jinny (Virginia Katharine Glass), 1943-1965 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Bowers, Samuel Holloway, 1924-2006 1
- Crosby, Emilye 1
- Dahl, Kathleen Aileen 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Ellin, Joseph, 1936- 1
- Ellin, Nancy B. (Nancy Bowles) 1
- Lelyveld, Arthur J., Rabbi, 1913-1996 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Owen, David 1
- Shemper, David 1
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 1
- Spears, Lawrence "Larry" D. 1
- United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation. FBI 1 + ∧ less