Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Diary of Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Palmer's Crossing Community Center and 1996 article on Freedom Summer.
Candy Brown Gonzalez of Los Angeles, participated in the Mississippi Freedom Summer Project from June to December 1964. The collection contains photographs she took while in Greenville, Issaquena County, McComb, Hattiesburg and Waveland.
Materials about the assault of civil rights workers Lawrence Spears, David Owen, and Rabbi Arthur Lelyveld in Hattiesburg, Mississippi on July 10, 1964.
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
- Civil rights. 4
- Letter. 4
- Records (Documents). 4
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.), 4
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 3
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 3
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.). 3
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. 3
- Photographs. 3
- Speech. 3
- Albums (Books). 2
- Books. 2
- Brochures. 2
- Compact discs. 2
- Diaries. 2
- Essay. 2 ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Glass, Jinny (Virginia Katharine Glass), 1943-1965 1
- Gonzalez, Candy Brown 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1