Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Materials related to Freedom Summer 1964.
Diary of Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Palmer's Crossing Community Center and 1996 article on Freedom Summer.
Candy Brown Gonzalez of Los Angeles, participated in the Mississippi Freedom Summer Project from June to December 1964. The collection contains photographs she took while in Greenville, Issaquena County, McComb, Hattiesburg and Waveland.
Newspaper clippings, printed material, and photos regarding the professional activities of the donor and her sister Dr. Joyce Ladner, natives of Palmer's Crossing, Mississippi and SNCC Field Secretaries.
Materials about the assault of civil rights workers Lawrence Spears, David Owen, and Rabbi Arthur Lelyveld in Hattiesburg, Mississippi on July 10, 1964.
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Brick salvaged from burned ruins of historic African American hotel and Civil Rights headquarters during Freedom Summer, with newspaper clipping about the building.
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 8
- Civil rights. 7
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 6
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.). 5
- Letter. 5
- Records (Documents). 5
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.), 5
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 4
- Photographs. 4
- Programs (Publications). 4
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 3
- Essay. 3
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. 3
- Speech. 3
- Albums (Books). 2
- Books. 2
- Brochures. 2
- Compact discs. 2 ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Funchess, Glenda, 1954- 1
- Glass, Jinny (Virginia Katharine Glass), 1943-1965 1
- Gonzalez, Candy Brown 1