Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Materials pertaining to the life and work of Rabbi David Z. Ben-Ami, who served at Temple B'Nai Israel in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in 1963 and 1964.
Materials relating to the Black Lives Matter movement in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
This collection should be of interest to students and researchers of the civil rights era circa 1960-1980; especially those interested in civil rights legal cases and the history of black legislators in Mississippi.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
NAACP correspondence and materials documenting the contributions of this Hattiesburg Civil Rights leader.
Materials related to Freedom Summer 1964.
Diary of Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Palmer's Crossing Community Center and 1996 article on Freedom Summer.
Candy Brown Gonzalez of Los Angeles, participated in the Mississippi Freedom Summer Project from June to December 1964. The collection contains photographs she took while in Greenville, Issaquena County, McComb, Hattiesburg and Waveland.
Newspaper clippings, printed material, and photos regarding the professional activities of the donor and her sister Dr. Joyce Ladner, natives of Palmer's Crossing, Mississippi and SNCC Field Secretaries.
Materials about the assault of civil rights workers Lawrence Spears, David Owen, and Rabbi Arthur Lelyveld in Hattiesburg, Mississippi on July 10, 1964.
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Brick salvaged from burned ruins of historic African American hotel and Civil Rights headquarters during Freedom Summer, with newspaper clipping about the building.
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 14
- Civil rights. 12
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 9
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 9
- Letter. 8
- Photographs. 7
- Programs (Publications). 7
- Records (Documents). 7
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.). 6
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 5
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 5
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. 5
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.), 5
- African Americans. 4
- Essay. 4
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. 4
- Race relations. 4
- Speech. 4
- Albums (Books). 3 + ∧ less
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 3
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 1
- Bowers, Samuel Holloway, 1924-2006 1
- Connor, Peggy Jean, 1932-2018 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Fairley, J. C. (Jimmy Carter), 1921- 1
- Funchess, Glenda, 1954- 1
- Glass, Jinny (Virginia Katharine Glass), 1943-1965 1
- Gonzalez, Candy Brown 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Ladner, Dorie, Dr., 1942- 1
- Lelyveld, Arthur J., Rabbi, 1913-1996 1
- Owen, David 1
- Shemper, David 1
- Spears, Lawrence "Larry" D. 1
- Temple B'Nai Israel (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1900-) 1 + ∧ less