Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Candy Brown Gonzalez of Los Angeles, participated in the Mississippi Freedom Summer Project from June to December 1964. The collection contains photographs she took while in Greenville, Issaquena County, McComb, Hattiesburg and Waveland.
Newspaper clippings, printed material, and photos regarding the professional activities of the donor and her sister Dr. Joyce Ladner, natives of Palmer's Crossing, Mississippi and SNCC Field Secretaries.
Materials about the assault of civil rights workers Lawrence Spears, David Owen, and Rabbi Arthur Lelyveld in Hattiesburg, Mississippi on July 10, 1964.
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 4
- Civil rights. 4
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.). 4
- Photographs. 4
- Letter. 3
- Records (Documents). 3
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 2
- Albums (Books). 2
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 2
- Compact discs. 2
- Essay. 2
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. 2
- Programs (Publications). 2
- Speech. 2
- African Americans. 1
- Audiocassettes. 1 ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Gonzalez, Candy Brown 1
- Ladner, Dorie, Dr., 1942- 1
- Lelyveld, Arthur J., Rabbi, 1913-1996 1
- Owen, David 1