Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Correspondence and materials collected by these Freedom School teachers in Hattiesburg during Freedom Summer in 1964.
Original and printed materials accumulated by the state director of the White Folks Project, a part of Freedom Summer 1964; includes tape of recent interview with sister of WFP volunteer Sam Shirah; Photocopy of “Poor Whites and the Movement, A Working Paper.”
Photographs taken during Mississippi Freedom Summer.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Materials documenting Zeman's activities as a Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Clarksdale, Mississippi.
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 6
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. 6
- Photographs. 6
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.), 6
- Brochures. 5
- Civil rights. 4
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.). 4
- Periodicals. 4
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 3
- Map. 3
- Minutes (Records). 3
- Posters. 3
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 2
- Calendar. 2
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi -- Diaries. 2 + ∧ less
- Ellin, Joseph, 1936- 1
- Ellin, Nancy B. (Nancy Bowles) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Glass, Jinny (Virginia Katharine Glass), 1943-1965 1
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 1