Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
Children of the American Revolution, John Dodd Society Records
Daughters of the American Revolution, John Rolfe Chapter, Records
Asha Burgess Everett Collection
This collection contains materials from Mississippi Normal College.
Dr. John E. Gonzales Papers
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
The Hattiesburg Review Club
The Review Club was established as a literary and social club for women in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. From 1913-early 2020, it continued with much the same structure as established in 1913.
Hattiesburg Track Club Collection
The collection contains various paper materials such as correspondence, copied newspapers, brochures, flyers, and photographs. Non-paper material items includes such things as a plaque, a ribbon, a windbreaker, and a plastic Coke mug.
The Hattiesburg YWCA Records
This collection consists of a variety of materials reflecting the history of the Young Women's Christian Association (YWCA) of Hattiesburg, Mississippi, from its charter in 1924, to its merger with the Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) of Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in 1984.
This collection should be of interest to researchers of women's and girls' organizations, or women's history, and may also be of interest to researchers of the history of Hattiesburg.
Kappa Tau Scrapbook
This collection consists of a scrapbook with original photographs, newspaper clippings, artifacts, minutes of meetings (1948-1955), correspondence from commercial jewelers regarding membership pins, and copies of the club’s constitution. Additionally, a preservation photocopy of the scrapbook has been made on acid-free paper and placed in the collection.
Fannie Kyker Collection
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Mystic Krewe of Zeus of Hattiesburg Records Collection
This collection contains clippings, correspondence, memorabilia, menus, invitations, media, scrapbooks, photographs, speeches and planning materials for The Mystic Krewe of Zeus. The materials primarily date 1924-2020.
Original Home and Garden Club Collection
Scrapbooks, minutes, yearbooks, photographs, and early histories of the Original Home and Garden Club of Hattiesburg, Mississippi, 1927-1990.
Orpheus Club Records
This collection includes records of Orpheus Club activities from 1926 to 1986.
Pine Belt Family YMCA Records
This multi-faceted collection consists of materials related to the 80 year history of the Pine Belt Family YMCA, originally known as the Hattiesburg YMCA.
Abner & Ida Chambers Polk Family Papers
A collection of correspondence, estate documents, certificates, newsletters, genealogical materials and other items pertaining to the families of Abner Polk and his wife, Ida Chambers Polk. Abner Polk was born in Lawrence County, Mississippi in 1860, and Ida Chambers was born in Washington County, Alabama in 1867. Abner and Ida were married on February 13, 1890, and lived in Marion County, Mississippi until approximately 1898, when they moved to Hattiesburg.
Rotary Club of Hattiesburg Records
Polly Stout Collection
Tatum Family Business Records
The Tatum family were prominent owners of businesses and land in and around the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area beginning in 1893 with the establishment of their first lumber mill. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, photographs, blueprints, newspaper articles, maps and artifacts of the Tatum family’s business dealings as well as local Hattiesburg history, including W. S. F. Tatum’s mayoral term from 1922 to 1924 and again from 1928 to 1936.
George Mike Ziegler Collection
The collection contains two copies of a DVD containing digital reproductions of original materials relating to George Mike Ziegler, Hattiesburg YMCA Athletic Director from 1919 to 1921.
- Letter. 13
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) -- Social Life and customs. 12
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 12
- Photographs. 12
- Financial documents. 10
- Albums (Books). 8
- Records (Documents). 8
- Minutes (Records). 7
- Memorabilia. 6
- University of Southern Mississippi. 6
- Brochures. 5
- Yearbook. 5
- Fliers (Ephemera). 4
- Newsletters. 4
- Programs (Publications). 4
- Account books. 3
- Daughters of the American Revolution. 3
- Greeting cards. 3 + ∧ less
- Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern Railroad Company. B & HS (1923-1953) 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. John Rolfe Chapter (1936-1979) 1
- Everett, Asha Laura Burgess, 1892-1990 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1
- Gonzales,, John Edmond, Dr., 1924-2004 1
- Hattiesburg YMCA 1
- Kyker, Fannie LaVelle “Goodie”, 1926-2009 1
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 1
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 1
- McLemore, Richard Aubrey, Dr., 1903-1976 1
- Mississippi. Department of Archives and History. MDAH 1
- Mystic Krewe of Zeus (Hattiesburg, Miss.). (1924-) 1
- National Society of the Children of the American Revolution. NSCAR. CAR 1
- Ogletree, Powell G. 1
- Pendergrass, John L., M.D. 1
- Rotary Club of Hattiesburg (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1918-) 1
- Tatum Family 1
- Tatum Lumber Company (1897-1938) 1
- Tatum, Frank Murry (F. M.), 1895-1987 1 + ∧ less