Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Joseph and Nancy Ellin Freedom Summer Collection
Correspondence and materials collected by these Freedom School teachers in Hattiesburg during Freedom Summer in 1964.
Ed Hamlett White Folks Project Collection
Original and printed materials accumulated by the state director of the White Folks Project, a part of Freedom Summer 1964; includes tape of recent interview with sister of WFP volunteer Sam Shirah; Photocopy of “Poor Whites and the Movement, A Working Paper.”
Margaret Jo Hazelton Freedom Summer Collection
Photographs taken during Mississippi Freedom Summer.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 4
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. 4
- Photographs. 4
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.), 4
- Civil rights. 3
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.). 3
- Minutes (Records). 3
- Periodicals. 3
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 2
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 2
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. 2
- Newspapers. 2
- Posters. 2
- Speech. 2 + ∧ less
- Ellin, Joseph, 1936- 1
- Ellin, Nancy B. (Nancy Bowles) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Hamlett, Ed, 1939- 1
- Hazelton, Margaret Jo, 1942- 1